Watch elegant ikebana creations by 3 artists Shoan Lo, Shoto Duke & Shoka Healey unfold before your eyes as you enjoy a five course meal at one of Melbourne's finest restaurants.
To celebrate the opening of Melbourne Ikebana Festival Shoan Lo, Shoto Duke & Shoka Healey present an ikebana demonstration at Ocha Japanese Restaurant. Enjoy a five course dinner at one of Melbourne’s finest restaurants as our artists create beautiful arrangements before your eyes.
Shoan, Shoto & Shoka will show you eight small to medium arrangements spending about 60 min. during the 2.5 hour dinner.
When: 7pm - 9:30pm, 1 September 2022, Door opens 6:45pm
Venue: Ocha Restaurant, 3 - 5 Church St, Hawthorn 3122
Price: $140 pp
Price includes a five course dinner, a drink on arrival and a small ikebana work to take home. Drinks are also available for purchase at the bar.
1. Ocha’s Zensai Plate
-Kingfish brandade, Japanese plum sauce, yukari, black sesame rice cracker
-Shitake mushroom, prawn mousse, seaweed salt
-Panko crumbed pork belly, cheese & spring onion rolls
2. Spanner Crab Dumpling, ikura, black truffle infused ankake sauce
4. Duck fillet, soy reduction, asian mushrooms, greens
5. Matcha cheesecake, black sesame anglaise, kinako crumbs
*All dietaries can be accommodated for. So please advise in advance.
Drink option will be
- Japanes Tap beer : Asahi Black or Orion
- Wine : Reverie Chardonnay or Reverie Shiraz blend (both from France)
- Non alcoholic option : Soft Drink or Green tea
Cancellation: If this event is cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances, we will refund your fee.
Would you like to start learning ikebana? Please visit our directory and find a teacher near you.